- Keep feet clean and dry, especially in-between toes.
- Never wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Throughout the day your feet sweat into your shoes which creates the perfect conditions for bacteria to grow. Give shoes 24 hours in between wears to dry out.
- Socks should be changed daily and never share socks or footwear with another person.
- Avoid walking bare foot in public areas such as showers, locker rooms and pools.
- Keep toenails short and clean and remove any hard skin with a foot file, like a pumice. Hard skin can become soggy when damp, which provides an ideal home for bacteria.
- Avoid injuring the toenails, which can lead to infection.
If these tips are unsuccessful Cornerstone Foot & Ankle is here for you! Call now to schedule an appointment at (856) 582-6082 or request your appointment online TODAY!